People Counter

Monday, September 8, 2008

The Fix-it Lady

Well, I think I have a very talented wife. She cooks, cleans, does the laundry, and can fix her own dryer. She figured out how replace the hinges on the door since they had disintegrated. She borrowed an electrical tester and tested the wires and connections, She removed the back and took several pieces to the repair store to have them tested and reinstalled them. She had got herself really frustrated because everything was working perfectly except it wasn't running. Finally she had her grandpa come and test a few things for her and they decided that it was the circuit breaker. She decided that that was too much electricity than she was ready to take on. I got the privilege of replacing the breaker. Now she has an almost new dryer or should I say refurbished dryer with all the work she put in. I kept telling her to bag it and we would just go get a new one and be done with it, but she wouldn't give in. She had to fix it. For only $20 instead of a couple of hundred She should feel pretty proud of her accomplishment. Used hinges $10 dollars.

New circuit breaker $10 dollars.

Satisfaction of doing the work yourself and saving hundreds of dollars PRICELESS!

4 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Hooray for you!!! I can't believe you resurrected it from the dead...where there's a will there's a way (if you're Andrea)!

Darlene said...

I'm impressed. That is a great talent to have.

Diane said...

I am so impressed. I thought of Grandma when I saw the pictures of you. I think she was a figure it out kind of lady too. Way to go.

Wanderingfamilies said...

Way to go, Andrea! I am impressed!