People Counter

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yellowstone through my camera

We had a great time with Rick's family over the weekend. We went to Idaho Island State Park and stayed in a cabin there. On Friday and Saturday we went to Yellowstone. On Friday the whole family went in the morning and then we split off in the afternoon. We did a lot of geysers and of course Old Faithful. We saw a ton of Bison some deer, and elk. It was really fun. On Saturday we went back and did the upper loop with Mammoth hot springs. We saw a bald eagle, more bison and more elk but the elk were much closer this time. I took about 400 hundred pictures so I wont be sharing all of those with you. On Friday on the way to Idaho we stopped at the Dinosaur Park in Ogden and the boys took pictures there so we will have them blog them later this weekend.


These two pictures were taken at upper falls.



We had a parade of two cows and their calf's walk about ten feet in front of us. We just watched them for a long time. The kids loved seeing them that close. I of course took several pictures of this. Then around the corner we saw two bull elk just sitting on the grass. This was just amazing and very fun to see.


We all loved seeing the bison especially the great big one just sitting on the side of the road for us to take pictures of. I wanted him to stand up but Rick did not. He did not want him to attack us. I just thought it would be cool to see how big he was standing.


This is upper falls from artists point. It was just amazing to see all the beautiful things in Yellowstone.Here is Old Faithful of course we had to put it in, but we decided that it was not our favorite one. This picture below is grandma and grandpa with all the grand kids that were able to come on the trip.


Here is one of the other many geysers that we saw. They are so cool with all the many colors in them. The kids sure did not like the smell though. Below is the one time that we saw deer. They were by the marina.

2 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Wowza! That's a lot of Mangum grandkids...I wonder what the grand total will be one day?!?

Your pictures turned out so pretty, I wouldn't mind seeing all 400!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Beautiful pictures! We should all go next summer!