People Counter

Thursday, December 18, 2008

My christmas afghan

We took around a few stockings to some of the widows in our ward. We have done it the last couple of years and really look forward to it. Well, we found out that they look forward to it more than we do. A few days later one of them came to the house with this afghan that she had made especially for me. A couple of months ago she asked me my favorite color I told her purple but that I did not especially have a favorite.
These are a few pictures of the afghan. It is a circle one called a pinwheel. It is really pretty and very warm. I just wanted to share this because I thought that it was amazing to make something circular and have it lay flat. I love the older ladies in our ward!









6 comments:

Darlene said...

That is beautiful.

Norris Fam said...

Wow! That is a lot of work and it is so beautiful. You are loved that's for sure!

Angie Mangum said...

You weren't kidding, Andrea. That really is amazing. I like the colors. I want to see it in person. Maybe bring it for show-and-tell at the family party.

Patti said...

Is it crocheted or knitted? It really is beautiful and will be a beautiful memory for you.

Darcie said...

Oh that is lovely!

Wanderingfamilies said...

That is amazing! And I love the new pic of your children at the top of the blog...