James started Jr. High and wouldn't let me take a picture at the school of him. Only one at the house. He is loving Jr. High. I'm glad but it was really hard to drop him off the first day of school. He is also loving lunch with more choices and larger portions.
This has been an interesting year not only did James move up a school but Lacey started pre-school. They were both very hard but good days. She is really enjoying going to school except she doesn't get to eat there. She is making new friends and learning lots already. It was very sad to drop her off I couldn't and still can't think about it or I want to cry. I will still be at the school lots so for her is will be more fun than meetings. 

For Labor day we went camping with my sisters and their families. We went to Posey Lake down near Escalante. It was a very beautiful place to go. It was so quiet and peaceful. We had a great time. It is great for the kids to spend so much time together just pretending and having fun away from normal everyday life. The kids had fun filled days playing. They played and gathered a bizillion pine cones. Other than a few falls and bumps no real major problems.
Here is a view from our campsite. Dave and Dan making a swing for the kids. It was well used even by peaches the dog.
The view was amazing!
We were in bear country and had to keep everything locked up and the kids cleaned at night. Rick and I saw a bear track but I didn't have my camera I was so mad. It was scary and amazing to see. It was on a short hike above our camp site. Headed away and a few days old. We think. We also say osprey, beavers, fish, deer, turkeys and cows.
We each brought a craft for the kids to do but the one I think they enjoyed the most was making the magic wands that Carrie brought. They got to paint them and then play. They were wizards and fairies and many other things.
Dan and Rick took a few kids fishing while the girls took the other kids for a hike around the lake. It was fun to watch them fish from all the way around. we saw lots of prints and some cool beaver huts.

We saw a lot of wildlife. We saw osprey, fish, beaver, deer, turkeys, ducks, and cows.
We took the whole group for a hike around the lake the next day. It was so much fun and very beautiful.
No camp out is complete without bingo, colored fire or hot chocolate. 
James officially became a teenager this weekend. He got a nice backpack for camping and a Lego game. He is a great kid. He loves to go camping for is birthday.
1 comment:
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It sure looks pretty. We missed you and your family at the family gathering Sunday. I wish our family would do more camp outs and such like this together. It would be a lot of fun.
Post a Comment